Open Enrollment is October 31 to November 20, 2019.
The elections you have in place at the end of Open Enrollment will be effective for the 2020 plan year, beginning January 1, 2020. If you don’t make changes, all your coverages will continue as currently elected, except for your pretax accounts. Pretax elections must be made each year. These include the Medical/Dental Expense Account (MDEA), Dependent Care (Daycare) Expense Account (DCEA), and Transit Expense Accounts (TEA, which includes both the Bus Pass/Vanpool Expense Account and the Parking Expense Account).
Not all benefits are available during every Open Enrollment. While medical coverage is offered each year, dental coverage is typically open every other year. Dental is open this year but is not expected to be offered next year. Please keep in mind dental is a 24-month election.
There are a variety of ways for you to learn about the benefits offered this year:
• Sign up for text alerts from SEGIP by texting “mn segip” to 468311. SEGIP will send you the latest Open Enrollment news and information.
• Watch your home mailbox in early October for the Open Enrollment newsletter. It contains important updates as well as information about the benefits that are available during Open Enrollment.
• Look for the digital newsletter being sent to your email address in mid-October.
• Check the SEGIP website for all the information you need for a successful Open Enrollment.
• Note: SEGIP Service Center is available for questions at 651-355-0100 or 800-664-3597. It’s open 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, from October 7 through November 20 (our office will be closed on Monday, November 11, 2019 in observation of Veteran’s Day).
Take some time to learn more about the changes you can make for 2020. This is your annual opportunity to make changes; it’s important to review your options carefully.
Please visit: https://mn.gov/mmb/segip/open-enrollment/